Current Affairs 14 June 2020: Here we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs 14 June 2020. Current Affairs will be useful to the candidates preparing for competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPSC, etc.
It is very essential for the candidates to know about the Current Affairs quiz for the UPSC, SSC, RRB & All state PSC’s Exams.
Daily Current Affairs 14 June will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB, and other states PSCs.
Daily Current Affairs 14 June 2020
Daily Current Affairs Quiz will help you to gain knowledge in the Current Affairs Section which aids you to get good scores in competitive exams such as UPSC, SSC, RRB, and other states PSCs.
Current Affairs 14 June 2020: NATIONAL Affairs
UP govt starts “Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana” to educate child labourers
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath has launched ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’ to educate child labourers in the state.
- This scheme has launched, on the occasion of the International Child Labour Prohibition Day.
- The government will give monthly financial assistance of Rs 1,000 and Rs 1,200 to selected boys and girls, respectively.
- If these children pass classes 8, 9 and 10, they will be given an additional amount of Rs 6,000 for clearing each standard.
Hyderabad police launches ‘STREE’ programme for women
Hyderabad City Police in association with Hyderabad City Security Council (HCSC) has launched a program called “She Triumphs through Respect, Equality, and Empowerment” (STREE) to assist and empower women victims of domestic violence and abuse.
- The program has been launched to promote a common platform for all women to join together and work with the police to deal with issues related to women’s safety and security.
Current Affairs 14 June 2020: BANKING & FINANCE
RBI bars People’s Co-operative Bank from granting fresh loans, accepting deposits for 6 months
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said it has barred Kanpur-based People’s Co-operative Bank from granting fresh loans and accepting deposits for six months, due to its weak financial position.
- The RBI also said no withdrawal of the amount of a depositor will be allowed from the co-operative bank.
- As from the close of business on June 10, 2020, the Bank shall not, without prior approval of RBI in writing a grant or renew any loans and advances, make any investment, incur any liability including borrowal of funds and acceptance of fresh deposits, disburse or agree to disburse any payment whether in the discharge of its liabilities and obligations or otherwise.
Exim Bank extends $216 million credit line to Malawi govt
Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) said it has extended a line of credit (LOC) worth USD 215.68 million to the Malawi government for drinking water supply schemes and other development projects.
- With the signing of this agreement, Exim Bank, so far, has extended five LOCs to Malawi, on behalf of the Indian government, taking the total value of LOCs extended to USD 395.68 million.
- Projects covered under the LOCs extended to Malawi includes supply of irrigation network, tobacco threshing plant, cotton processing facilities, green belt initiative, sugar processing equipment, fuel storage facility and construction of a new water supply system from Likhubula river in Mulanje to Blantyre
RBI sets up panel to review ownership, the corporate structure of Private sector banks
The Reserve Bank of India has constituted a five-member Internal Working Group to review the guidelines related to ownership, governance, and corporate structure of private sector banks.
- RBI Central Board Director P K Mohanty will head the committee, which will submit its report by 30th September 2020.
- The panel will also examine norms for promoter shareholding at the initial/licensing stage and subsequently, along with the timelines for dilution of the shareholding.
Current Affairs 14 June 2020: BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Global goods trade to fall 27% in Q2 after 5% decline in first quarter: UNCTAD
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) said that the value of international trade in goods declined around 5% in the first quarter of 2020 and is expected to decline further by 27% in the ongoing quarter with trade in many developing countries projected to nosedive due to the “unprecedented effects of the pandemic”.
- UNCTAD’s estimates are in line with those of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) which expects global merchandise trade to decline 13-32% in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- In April, developing countries in South Asia and the Middle East suffered the steepest decline in exports while those in East Asia and the Pacific experienced the least reduction in exports, it said in its global trade update, adding that no region has been spared from the decline in international trade.
NHAI becomes first construction sector organization to go ‘fully digital’
In view of the novel coronavirus outbreak, the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) said it has gone fully digital with cloud-based ‘Data Lake Software’, becoming the first such construction sector organization.
- With advance analytics, the ‘Data Lake’ software will forecast the delays, likely disputes and give advance alerts, thus expediting the decision making.
- At the same time, the software will facilitate in taking correct and timely decisions as the system is likely to predict financial impacts of different alternatives based on the historical data.
Odisha first state in the country to get ISO Certification for Tribal Hostels
Odisha became the first state in the country to get ISO certification for its tribal hostels. In the first phase, 44 hostels of Keonjhar and Sambalpur districts have been accorded ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
- The certification was awarded basing on the quality of amenities available for scheduled category students residing in hostels set up by ST and SC Development, Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare Department.
Current Affairs 14 June 2020: APPOINTMENTS
Imtaiyazur Rahman is appointed as the CEO of UTI Mutual Fund
UTI Asset Management Company (AMC) appointed Imtaiyazur Rahman as its chief executive officer (CEO), a move that will expedite the fund house’s plan to go public.
- Rahman was appointed interim CEO in 2018 after Leo Puri’s term came to an end.
- The fund house had filed a draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) in December 2019 after its PSU bank shareholders agreed to divest their holdings.
Current Affairs 14 June: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Mumbai’s new flood warning system ‘IFLOWS’ launched
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray inaugurated the new integrated flood warning system (IFLOWS) developed for Mumbai, calling it “boon” for the city.
- IFLOWS-Mumbai has been developed as a state-of-the-art flood warning system for Mumbai to enhance the resilience of the city by providing early warning for flooding especially during high rainfall events and cyclones.
- Using this, it will be possible to have an estimate of the flood inundation three days in advance, along with immediate weather updates.
Govt launches AarogyaPath portal for healthcare supply chain
AarogyaPath, a web based solution for the healthcare supply chain was launched to serve manufacturers, suppliers and customers to effectively deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.
- This national healthcare supply chain portal will remove supply chain bottlenecks during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The vision of this initiative is to set up an information management and forecasting database platform at national level.
- It will capture demand and supply scenarios for key healthcare needs items.
Central Railway launches Robotic ‘CAPTAIN ARJUN’ to intensify screening, surveillance
Railway Protection Force, Pune has launched a Robotic ‘CAPTAIN ARJUN’ (Always be Responsible and Just Use to be Nice) to intensify the screening and surveillance.
- This Robot is launched to screen passengers while they board trains and keep a watch on anti-social elements.Captain ARJUN does thermal screening and records the temperature in a digital display panel.
- Captain ARJUN can be deployed for multiple uses and it is an effective element in station access control and will augment the station security plan.
- Captain ARJUN is equipped with a motion sensor, one PTZ camera and one Dome Camera. The Cameras use Artificial Intelligence algorithms to track suspicious and antisocial activity.
Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh launches mobile App- ‘Ghar Ghar Nigrani’
In a first-of-its-kind initiative aimed at checking the community spread of Covid-19, Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has launched a mobile-based app – ‘Ghar Ghar Nigrani’, to undertake house to house surveillance in the state till the elimination of the pandemic.
- It is the Health Department initiative, encompassing ASHA workers/Community Volunteers, as a tool for early detection and testing of the people for Covid19, and preventing its community spread.
Current Affairs 14 June 2020: OBITUARIES
Veteran Urdu poet Gulzar Dehlvi passes away
Veteran Urdu poet Anand Mohan Zutshi ‘Gulzar’ Dehlvi passed away, five days after he recovered from coronavirus (COVID-19). He was 94.
- He was the editor of ‘Science ki Duniya’, the only science magazine published in Urdu by the government, which was launched in 1975.
- He is also credited with setting up Urdu schools across India. He was also associated with the freedom movement since the ’30s when he was in school.
Former Head of Publications Division, Surinder Kaur passes away
Mrs. Surinder Kaur, former Head of Publications Division and Directorate of Advertising & Visual publicity passed away after a brief illness. Shr was 77.
- A senior Indian Information Service Officer of 1968 batch, and wife of former CBI Director late Joginder Singh, she held several important positions in All India Radio News and Press Information Bureau.
- Mrs. Kaur also served as a Director in the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Current Affairs 14 June 2020: BOOKS & AUTHORS
“Lockdown Liaisons: Leaving and Other Stories” authored by Shobha De
Celebrated author, columnist and publisher Shobhaa De released an e-book titled ‘Lockdown Liaisons’.
- Lockdown Liaisons is a collection of 10 stories from the varying perspectives of both men and women – young and old, brave and cowardly, cheerful and weighed down – each story a unique offering from a writer who understands how very fragile human relationships can be as they break, suffer and are redefined under trying circumstances.
Current Affairs 14 June 2020: IMPORTANT DAYS
World Blood Donor Day
World Blood Donor Day takes place every year on 14 June to raise awareness of the need for safe blood transfusion.
- It was first celebrated on the birthday anniversary of Karl Landsteiner — a scientist who won the Nobel Prize for his discovery of the ABO blood group system — on June 14, 1868.
- The theme for this year’s World Blood Donor Day is “Safe blood saves lives” with the slogan “Give blood and make the world a healthier place”
Daily Current Affairs 14 June 2020: Important Events
World Blood Donor Day
- Every year on 14 June, countries around the world celebrate World Blood Donor Day (WBDD). The event, established in 2004, serves to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products and to thank blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood.
- World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year by the people in many countries around the world on 14 June. World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on the day of birthday anniversary of Karl Landsteiner on 14 June 1868.
- World Blood Donor Day is one of eight official global public health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Che Guevara Birth Day
He Was Born On June 14, 1929.
He was an Argentine Marxist revolutionary, physician, author, guerrilla leader, diplomat and military theorist. A major figure of the Cuban Revolution, his stylized visage has become a ubiquitous countercultural symbol of rebellion and global insignia in popular culture.
- Che Guevara was a prominent communist figure in the Cuban Revolution (1956–59) who went on to become a guerrilla leader in South America.
- Later, he became president of the Cuban national bank and helped to shift the country’s trade relations from the United States to the Soviet Union.
- 1960: Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the White Lion.
- 1961: Knight Grand Cross in the Order of the Southern Cross.
He was Died on October 9, 1967 at the age of 39.
China Tests its First Hydrogen Bomb
On June 14, 1967 China tests its first hydrogen bomb.
The Alice In Wonderland Ride Opened in Disneyland
On June 14, 1958 The Alice in Wonderland ride opens at Disneyland.
Here we have provided you with Daily Current Affairs Quiz 2020. This Current Affairs Quiz will be useful to the candidates preparing for competitive exams like IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPSC, etc. It is very essential for the candidates to know about the Current Affairs for the UPSC, SSC, RRB & All state PSC’s Exams.
All those who want updates on a regular interval can bookmark our site regarding all State and Central Government Jobs Vacancies by visiting our website daily.
Be in touch with us. In a short time interval, we will provide exam syllabus, admit card, answer key, cut off marks, result, and merit list related details.
For any query, comment us below. We will reply as soon as possible. Don’t forget to share this Recruitment on your social sites with your friends.
ALL THE BEST!!